Pages

cash

NewsBlunt


web stats

26 Aug 2014

Mercy Johnson Speaks on Admiration for Genevieve

  
"I like Genevieve Nnaji like crazy" - Mercy Johnson

Award winning actress, Mercy Johnson has always made her love and respect for Nollywood icon, Genevieve Nnaji public knowledege.
Mercy Johnson was brought to tears 3 years ago when Genevieve Nnaji graced her wedding ceremony. The actress also dedicated her first AMVCA win to Genevieve Nnaji.

In a recent interview with City People Magazine, the actress speaks on her admiration for Genevieve Nnaji. Read excerpts below.
"I like Genevieve like crazy. So, I started watching her movies from the onset. But I didn't want to be Genevieve, I wanted to be a Mercy with the motivation that a Genevieve could give me.


The first time I met her, my friend took me there. When we got to 
where she was, I became Nervous. I jumped into my friend's boot. 

So, when she came out of the hotel, I could only hear her voice.

The second time I saw her was on set. When she came down and I met her , she said ahh! Mercy I like your movies, and i started crying.

I was in tears of joy. I said Aunty Genevieve, so you watch my movies.

 She was sort of embarrased. Before I met her, she had already known that there was somebody who was crazily insane about her.

I was in tears of joy. I said Aunty Genevieve, so you watch my movies.

 She was sort of embarrased. Before I met her, she had already known that there was somebody who was crazily insane about her.



Chidumga Izuzu Chidumga Izuzu  A writer, a presenter... I'm just here to make you love entertainment, relieve you of those boring days and make you smile.